I spoke at TEDx Syracuse on April 16th.
My stomach exploded. (Seriously – it’s in the talk.)
My life didn’t go exactly as I planned it – but does anyone’s? That’s a Detour.
“A Detourist travels along detours – simple enough. But in addition, a Detourist embraces those unexpected routes as opportunities for growth, change and self-fulfillment. I hope to serve as living proof that a detour can lead to unexpected blessings. Because of my Detour, I’ve learned so much about myself, my world, and the strength I never even knew I had.” – Amy Oestreicher
At 18 years old, Amy Oestreicher had her life all figured out: go to college, star on Broadway, and conquer the world. When a blood clot literally caused her stomach to explode, Amy’s life took some unexpected “detours.” In this talk, Amy explains why being a “Detourist” has inspired her to transform obstacles in her path into opportunities for growth by finding the “flowers” rom her detour, using all aspects creativity – music, art, writing and theatre – to heal and find the positive.
TEDx Syracuse GLITCH: Saturday April 16th, 2016 EST.
Watch an inspiring TEDx talk about getting through any “detour” in life! #LoveMyDetour
Did you know you can rate my TEDx Talk on the official TED site?
It’s super easy! Here’s the form!
To go directly to the form, click on the link: “To flag a video (good or bad!), use this form.”
Visit the TEDx Syracuse University Facebook Page for updates!
- What’s the secret to getting a TEDx talk? Learn more here.
- See photos from the event here.
- See rehearsal and behind the scenes photos here.
- LATEST NEWS
- Watch TEDx Livestream here!
- Support the great causes that inspired Amy’s TEDx talk!
- Speakers Announced for 2016 TEDx Conference (SU News)
- 5 Reasons This Year’s TEDx Syracuse Theme Is the Best, Biggest ‘Glitch’ Ever (The Mighty)
- Here are the speakers for the 2016 TEDx Syracuse University Conference (Daily Orange)
- Tickets Now Available for TEDx “Glitch” Conference
- New TEDx Glitch article for Miss Millennial here.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Tickets are sold out!