Back to Gutless Main Page
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” “Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.” – Picasso
See PDF of this workshop here.
- What are the skills an artist needs to succeed in today’s industry?
- How can we raise awareness of the positivity that the arts can initiate in our society?
- How can we use creativity to give life to abandoned dreams?
- How can creative expression help us to embrace change?
- How can the arts make anyone an authentic advocate for a potent cause?
- How can creativity enable us to lead a heart-full, vibrant life?
- How can the arts create an irreplaceably rich network of support around us?
For the theatre artist in all of us:
Gutless & Grateful as a workshop combines elements of storytelling and drama-therapy, ideal for educating artists on the elements of performance, writing, and using life as artistic inspiration.
- See a history of past bookings as well as upcoming performances here.
- Learn about mixed media art and creativity play-shops here.
Storytelling through the arts, since the beginning of time, has driven change, created movements, and bridged barriers to healing. Creative expression empowers us with the ability to transform adversity into creative growth, driving a community ethos towards inclusion by connecting humanity on a deeply personal, universal level.
Discover the emotional and persuasive power of telling an authentic story through the arts as an essential leadership, self-development and resiliency skill, bringing marginalized voices centerstage.
- 1. Identify three psychological benefits of storytelling through the arts as it relates to trauma
- 2. Describe two ways that storytelling through the arts can reframe the narrative of an individual
- 3. Devise a learning activity combining two artistic mediums to convey a personal story
After my coma, creativity became my lifeline, teaching me to turn this “detour” into the richest time of my life, through my art, theatre, writings and everyday celebration of ordinary miracles. I picked up a paintbrush for the first time when I thought all hope was lost during a year-long hospital stay, and discovered it to be a means of expressing what was too overwhelming for words. Art transformed trauma into a beautiful detour.
- Learn the art of theatre and crafting dramatic arcs
- Learn to combat artist’s block
- Discovery the therapeutic process of devising a piece from within
- Strengthen communication skills
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Strengthen focus and concentration
- Promote teamwork
- Learn methods of improvisation
- Write from their lives
- Strengthen speech and writing skills
- Learn the significance of body language
- Learn how to actively listen
- Laugh at all costs!
- Acting schools and companies
- Creative Conferences
For the Van Gogh:
Learn about Amy as an artist.
Amy will take her artistic background and explorations in the world of mixed media and share why anyone can be an artist, which is an essential role to play as an innovator. Amy will share how her passion for art – a “happy accident” – inspired a creative marathon which launched an unexpected career and passion.
- Think Like An Artist
- Learn Why the Art of life is improvisation
- Creativity as a way to see the world and essential mindset
- Beat artist and life blocks
- Use art as metaphor for problem solving
- Turn messes, mistakes and setbacks into beautiful artistic detours
- Not be daunted by a blank canvas, page or Square One
- Challenge old ways of thinking
- Be a fearless, trailblazing artist in the workplace
- Use secret art techniques for easy problem solving
- Turn Adversity Into Creative Growth
For the musician:
Amy will discuss the art of songwriting, healing through music, and power of music therapy.
Participants will learn how to:
- Use music as a metaphor for improvisation
- Unlock the power of music for personal expression
- Be affected by the transformative power of musical theatre as an effective means of storytelling
Get in touch with me and inquire about Gutless & Grateful now!