10 WAYS TO TRANSFORM TOXIC THOUGHTS
– breathe through your heart – Breathing is one of the simplest ways to transform energy.: Place your hands on your heart and feel your heart moving as you breathe. This is calming, and feeds the energy of love, peace, and harmony in the world.
– look in a mirror
– S tress can make us act in ways we might regret later on. It is OK to have problematic emotions, and it’s important to acknowledge your feelings. Just be careful not to send the energy as a “poison dart” to yourself, others, or into the world.
– see the divinity in others
think of a happy face
connect with nature
- work with water – The life-force of water can wash away your pain, and the simplest activities can have a healing effect. As you wash your hands, take a shower, or stand in the rain, visualize negative energy flowing from you and being transformed into light.
- Protect yourself with lifht – imagine a protective light surrounding you. Some people think of a white energy field; I imagine being enclosed in a translucent blue egg. Find a color that works for you. This will protect you from any harmful energies being sent your way.
- Respond with love
Got the end piece of bread today yay! Love the crisp “bite” in it – just like the autumn air!
- Want to list things I like from A to Z…
“Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.”
Lead me from death to life, from falsehood to truth. Lead me from despair to hope, from fear to trust. Lead me from hate to love, from war to peace. Let peace fill my heart, my world, my universe. Amen.
Things that surround me with warmth and positivity
Kids: nursery school kids, little children going back to school, back to school supplies, celebrating and acting like kids, playing make believe, going to synanague and watching all the kids dressed up, bat mitzvah tutoring kids – I want to work with kids, I miss Emily and sarah, playing make believe, being creative
NatureL trees, leaves, the four seasons, the park, feeling the five senses and God in them
- music – dancing, singing, listening to music being on stage
- friends – laughing with friends, being bubbly and wild
- art: claymation, songwriting, arts and crafts, fabric, pottery, scrapbookng
- candy – chocolate making, trick or treating, holidays, festivities, goody bags and parties, bright colors and wrappers
- animals – jelly, tgiers, cows, petting zoos, whales and marine animals, birds, elephants, stripes or dots on a furry beautiful coat of fur
- smell – fragrant candles, soaps and lotions, spices, aromatherapy, how smell can bring up a season or memory
- theatre – the bubbliness, me performing on stage, being centered in my passion
- travel – seeing the world, going to new places, adventures, discovering, Disneyworld, exotic new things
- love – my family, wanting a boyfriend, having a communit
- holidays – fun, festivity, celebration, tradition, family, structure and order, fun
when I think of these positive things I am surrounded by warmth – the need to exercise is still there but the attention is taken off of it and brought to more positive things.
You don’t want to go fuly into the fear or get lost in the heart of the dark and scary forest – that is why my cow is guiding me through in my visualization. When you bake a cake, you ad the dry ingredients only a bit at a time, so they integrate with the wet ingredients and slowly as you add the dry ingredients and slowly mixing te dry into the wet – very slowly, all that dryness gets absorbed into the wetness and then yor batter is beautiful and smooth. Just like we ned to absorb our toxic, difficult emotions of the trauma – fear and everyting else. Take a little bit of them and work them slowly into the batter, but plunging into the fear headfirst could cause a lot of lumps in the batter – that is why whe you have gone through a trauma, you just want to absorb a little bit of the hard emotions at a time, slowly mixing the wet ingredients with the dry, for the smoothest batter. I show this in my visualization by only picking up one leaf at a time instead of jumping into a whole pile of leaves, but rather, taking one individual moment at a time, easing into the forest leaf by leaf.
The clouds are stretched out long and thin today – I wonder where they are flying to, straight over my head and over my roof. Joni makes me feel one way at the park – the good and magical things Bruce introduced to me and how he opened up my world, and Janis brings up another side of me – the part healing after Bruce, happy that I could salvage one thing for myself, one passion I found without him, a clue to me at that time that I could still feel something inside of me in a world post-BK. One felt happy, one felt sad, but they both felt good just to feel.
So what does it feel like Billy, when you’re dancing?
I can’t really explain it, I haven’t got the words
It’s a feeling that you can’t control
I suppose it’s like forgetting, losing who you are
And at the same time something makes you whole
It’s like that there’s a music, playing in your ear
And I’m listening, and I’m listening, and then I disappear
And then I feel a change, like a fire deep inside
Something bursting me wide open, impossible to hide
And suddenly I’m flying, flying like a bird
Like Electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me, and I’m free, I’m free
It’s a bit like being angry; it’s a bit like being scared
Confused and all mixed up and mad as hell
It’s like when you’ve been crying
And you’re empty and you’re full
I don’t know what it is, it’s hard to tell
It’s like that there’s some music, playing in your ear
But the music is impossible, impossible to hear
But then I feel it move me
Like a burning deep inside and I’m free, free, free…
Something bursting me wide open
Impossible to hide
And suddenly I’m flying
Flying like a bird
Like Electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I’m free, I’m free
“Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime, Therefore, we are saved by hope. Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; Therefore, we are saved by faith. Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone. Therefore, we are saved by love. No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own; Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love, which is forgiveness.”
Electricity sparks inside of me
And I’m free, I’m free
Oh, I’m free
My five friendly superheros always over my shoulder!
Alfie the Audio boy – wind, rain, and musical theatre (and grandpa singing yiddishe mama) – he could be a musical staff, with hips shaped like a guitar, with wind as his hair, and covered in rain, with piano keys for teeth
Seymour the Scent-man – smell-sense could be a cinnamon stick! He definitely has to smell like fall, and maybe he’ll (or she’ll) be wearing a skirt of pine needles – because I love the crisp, clear smell of fresh pine.
Trixie the Tough-girl – my touch-sense will be a furry little guy like a dog, because I love stroking dogs, maybe wearing a fleece shirt, sitting by a fire, because I love warmth.
Lilly Lickalicious – a big carton of milk on a piece of bread, covered in cheese or cereal or something – with a vanilla ice cream cone on top of his head!
Sandy See-woman – My sight angel will be a big tree – like the glamorous fall oak tree of yellow and orange outside of my window – with sparkling blue eyes.