How to overcome adversity with Amy Oestreicher
Welcome to Productive People, my blog and podcast series dedicated to learning from productive people who are smashing their goals and getting stuff done.
In this episode of the Productivity Podcast, I talk to Amy Ostreicher all about how to overcome the physical and mental challenges that life can throw at you. Amy has survived 27 life threatening surgeries after being in a coma for over a month when her stomach literally exploded. If you’ve ever felt like you can’t move forward because of the obstacles and challenges in your life, then I think you’ll enjoy this conversation with Amy.
Make sure you head on over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. You can also subscribe via the RSS feed. Are you enjoying The Productivity Podcast? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below with your thoughts and ideas of things you’d like to hear about!
- Who is Amy Oestreicher and how do you currently spend your time? (3:45)
- Having had so many setbacks in your life, what have been some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned that have helped you to keep moving forward. (20:59)
- In your TED talk, you share the idea of the “detourist”. What is a “detour” and what makes you a “detourist”? (28:30)
- This reminds me a lot of what Ryan Holiday talks about in The Obstacle is the Way. He talks about how you perceive things and act afterwards as being so important. What are some practical things people can do to change the way they view bad situations? (31:50)
- What does your current productivity workflow look like? (34:00)
- What kind of productivity tools and apps do you use? (36:57)
- Has overcoming the challenges in your life made you a stronger person? (39:45)
- Any final advice or words of wisdom? (43:05)