Listen to the podcast interview here:
About This Show
Claim the Stage is a podcast for creative, entrepreneurial women who want to be inspiring speakers who get paid.
Welcome to the home of the Claim the Stage podcast! This podcast is dedicated to women everywhere who want to get on stage and be heard! I interview professional speakers, authors, speaker bureaus, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, interesting people, and creatives who all have something to say on the topic of finding and using your voice so you can CLAIM THE STAGE!
Episode 2: Life Advice from The Detourist
Episode 2 features my interview with Amy Oestreicher. Amy is a professional speaker, PTSD peer-to-peer specialist, artist, author, writer for The Huffington Post, speaker for TEDx and RAINN, health advocate, survivor, award-winning actress, and playwright. Amy eagerly shares the lessons learned from trauma through her writing, mixed media art, performance and inspirational speaking.
A few things we discuss:
- Amy’s story of recovery after discovering she would need to live without her stomach at the age of 18
- the subject of telling your story. What if you’re not ready? How do you know your story is worth telling?
- how your values help you determine what to talk about on stage and how you can inspire others through your values
- why you shouldn’t roll your eyes at the thought of a “Gratitude List”
- the unconventional way Amy books speaking gigs
- Amy’s #1 piece of advice for new speakers
- why you shouldn’t have a five year plan
- and so much more!
Bonus Podcast: The Meaning of Courage
Giving Voice to Your Story with Dorit Sasson
Interviews with authors and small businesses about how they’ve given voice to their stories and brands as part of their bigger vision.
For this week’s podcast, I’ll be hosting Amy Oestreicher who will share the lessons and takeaways of her courageous journey which brought her to it took to her most difficult experiences.
Until, the week before her high school senior prom, Amy abruptly developed a blood clot, her stomach exploded in the operating room of the hospital, and, after both her lungs collapsed, she nearly died.
Learn more updates about the release of Amy’s new book!